Computer All Risk
Covered For: Material Damage (Hardware)
- Not Planned Physical loss.
- Damage from any cause
1. Faults or Defects (Existing) before and known to the Insured.
2. Failure or Interruption (electricity)
3. Wear and Tear / Gradual detoriation
4. Replacement of:
(a) bulbs, seals and bolts
(b) Aesthetic defects
(c) elimination of Functions and Failure
(d) Maintenance Cost
(e) Manufactures Fault (Warranty)
Covered for: Software - External Data Media
Condition - 1. Storage
3. Handling of Data Media
4. Duplicates Kept and Protected
5. Reconstitute data
Coverage will be provided for software if the above conditions are met.
1. Loss of or damage to the Equipment caused by theft or attempted theft from unattended vehicles.
2. loss or damage for which the seller, the lesser, or the repair or maintenance company of the Equipment is legally or contractually liable.
3. loss or damage resulting from faults and defects of which The Insured or his representatives knew or should have known.
4. loss or damage resulting from use of the Equipment after damage has occured but before permanent repair has been effected and normal operation guarnateed.
5. any costs for standard adjustment, rectifying functional failures and maintenance of the Equipment unless necessary in connection with the repair of an insured loss.
6. loss of or damage to values, tubes, fuses, seals, belts, exchangeable tools, engraved cylinders, objects made of glass, porcelain or ceramics, fabrics, or any opereating media.
7. aesthetic defects, such as scrathches on painted, polished or enameled surfaces.
8. wear and tear, corrosion, erosion, oxidation, and gradual deterioration due to lack of use and normal atmospheric conditions.
9. consequential loss of any kind or loss of use.
10. any cost for the replacement of data media, data and regeneration of data even if the data was lost in connection with an insured event.
11. electrical or mechanical breakdown or derangement unless caused by accidental damage to the exteriorof the Equipment.
12. loss of the equipment by disappearance or shortage where such loss is revealed by the making of an inventory or periodic stock taking
13. loss of damage resulting from total or partial cessation of work or the retarding or interruption or cessation of any process or operation.
14. loss or damage caused by the explosion of boilers economizers or other pressure vessels or their contents.
15. loss or damage caused by the infidelity of The Insured's employees or persons to whom the Equipment is entrusted.
16. loss or damage occasioned by or through or in consequence, directly or indirectly of:
(a) war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostiles or war like operations (whether war be declared or not) civil war.
(b) mutiny, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to popular rising, military rising, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, military or usured power, or any act of any person acting on behalf of or in connection with any organization with activities directed towards the overthrow by force of the gorvernment de jure or de facto or to the influencing of it by terrorism or violence.
(c) nuclear fission, contamination by radioactivity.
(d) permanent or temporary dispossession resulting from confiscation, commandeering or requisition by any lawfully constituted authority.
17. loss, damage, cost or expense of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with nuclear energy or radioactivity of any kind including but not limited to any of the following regardless of any other causeor event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to the loss:
(a) ionising radiations from or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste or from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
(b) the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous or contaminating properties of any nuclear installation, reactor or other nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
(c) any weapon or device employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter.
18. (a) loss, damage, cost or expense directly or indirectly caused by, contributed to by, resulting from, or arising out of or in connection with any act or terrorism, as defined herein, regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to the loss.
(b) for the purpose of this clause an act of terrorism includes any act, or preperations in respect of action or threat of action designed to influence the government de jure or de facto of any nation or any political division thereof, or in pursuit of political, religious, ideological or similar purpose to intimidate the public or a section of the public of any nation by any person or group(s) of persons whether acting alone on behalf of or in connection with anny organisation(s) or government(s) de jure oe de facto, and which:
(i) involves violence against one or more person; or
(ii) involves damage to property; or
(iii) endagers life other than that of the person commiting the action; or
(iv) creates a risk to health and safety of the public or a section of the public; or
(v) is designed to interfere with or to disrupt an electronic system.
(c) this clause also excludes loss, damage, cost, or expense directly or indirectly caused by, contributed to by, resulting from, or arising out of or in connection with any action in controlling, preventing, suppressing, retaliating against, or responding to any act of terrorism.
(d) notwithstanding the above and subject otherwise to the terms, conditions and limitation of this Policy in respect only of personal lines this insurance will pay actual loss or damage (but not related costs or expenses) caused by any act of terrorism provided such act is not directly or indirectly caused by, contributed to by, resulting from, or arising out of or in connection with an event of biological, chemical, or nuclear nature.
19. losses arising, directly or indirectly, out of:
(a) loss of, alteration of, or damage to or
(b) a reduction in the functionality, availability or operation of
a computer system, hardware, programme, software, data, information reposity, microchip, integrated circuit or similar device in computer Equipment or non- comuter Equipment, whether the property of the policy holder or not, do not in and of themselves constitute an event unless arising out of one or more of the following perils:
fire, lighting, explosion, aircraft or vehicle impact, falling objects, windstorm, hail, tornado, cyclone, hurricane, earthquake, volcano, tsunami, flood, freeze or weight of snow.
20. any liability for:
(a) personal injury or bodily injury or loss of, damage to, or loss of use of Equipment directly or indirectly caused by seepage, pollution or contamination, provided always that this paragraph (a) shall not apply to lliability for personal injury or bodily injury or loss of or physicla damage to or destruction of tangible property or loss of use of such Equuipment damaged or destroyed, where such seepage, pollution or contamination is caused by a sudden, unintended and unexpected happening during the period of this policy.
(b) the cost of removing, nullifying or cleaning-up seeping, pollution or contaminating substances unless the seepage, pollution or contamination is caused by a sudden, unintended and un expected happening during the period of the Policy.
(c) fines, penalties, punitive or exemplary damages.
This exclusion shall not extend this policy to cover any liability which would not have been covered under this policy had the Exclusion not been attached.
21. (a) any liability, loss, cost or expense arising out of, resulting from, caused by, contributed to, or in anyway related to the existance, inhalation or exposure to any ''fungus/fungi'' and/or ''spore(s)''; or
(b) any cost or expenses associated in any way, or arising out of the abatement, mitigation, remediation, containment, detoxification, neutralization, monitoring, removal, disposal, or any obligation to investigate or assessthe presence or effects of any ''fungus/fungi'' or ''spore(s)''
(c) any obligation to share with or repay any person, organization or entity, related in any way to items (a) and (b) above.
Regardless of any other cause, event, material, product and/or building component that contributed concurrently or in any sequence to the injury or damage.
22. any loss, damage or consequential loss directly or indirectly caused by or consisting of or arising from the failure of any computer, data processing Equipment or media, microchip, integrated circuit or similar device or any computer software, whether the property of The Insured or not, whether occuring before, during or after the year 2000:
(a) correctly to recognise any date as its true calender date.
(b) tio capture save or retain, and/or correctly to manipulate, interpret or process any data or information or command or instruction as a result of treating any date otherwise than as its true caledar date.
(c) to capture save retain or correctly to process any data as a result of the operation of any command which has been programmed into any computer software, being a command which causes the loss of data or inability to capture save retain or correctly to process such data on or after any date.
But this shall not exclude subsequent loss or damage not otherwise exclude which itself results from any cause whatsoever not excluded in the Policy.
23. Nuclear Energy Risks.